Sex: How do I Love Thee?
Let me count the ways.
Let me count the ways.
Here are just a few of the reasons sex is so important to me:
- It’s fun and pleasurable.
- It can strengthen the body’s immune system.
- We organize many of our relationships around sex.
- Sex can relieve aches and pain through the release of oxytocin and endorphins.
- It’s a great way to develop and enhance intimacy.
- It’s a beautiful form of self-expression.
- Sex can improve cardiovascular health.
- It is an excellent way to reduce stress and anxiety levels.
- We can get creative with sex; it can be enjoyed alone, with a partner, in groups, with toys, with food, with technology, etc..
- It is great exercise and burns calories — stay tuned for my two-week sex diet!
- Sex is an exciting way to learn about partners and improve communication skills.
- It allows us to practice both giving freely and receiving fully.
- It allows us to safely and intimately experience a variety of roles: aggressor, pursuer, pursued, outlaw, nurse, doctor, pirate, clown, delivery boy, student, devil, angel, virgin, dominatrix, celebrity, damsel in distress, superhero, cowboy/girl, sex worker, billionaire, etc..
- Sex can strengthen the pelvic floor muscles and improve bladder control.
- Healthy sex can help develop self-esteem and a positive outlook.
- Sex may reduce fatigue and increase energy levels.
- Frequent ejaculations can improve prostate health and reduce the likelihood of prostate cancer.
- Hormones released during sex can promote restful sleep.
- As one of my colleagues notes: sex is the life force.
- It feels so nice.
So, go ahead and enjoy safer sex. It’s good for you in so many ways!
Confessions: Dear Nikky's Favorite Fan Stories
The host of the Dear Nikky podcast shares her favorite fan-submitted stories about giving into their desires.
How to Seduce Your Lover
What is seduction really all about? How can you discover the best ways to seduce your partner?
How To Boost Your Sexual Self-Esteem
Feeling more self-confident and having a better relationship with yourself will increase the quality of your love and sex life.
Have Better Sex with Condoms
Not only do condoms reduce the risk of unplanned pregnancies, but they also offer significant protection against HIV and sexually transmitted infections.
Couple's Workshop #2: Touring the Clit
This post just addresses a few vulva caress techniques.